About the Nut Splitter Products
Our Nut splitting tools are the best in the industry. Designed to meet the challenges of bolted pipe-line flange joints, a single heat-treated tool-steel cutting tip has a cheived 100 cuts of high-grade heavy hex nuts.
- The NS tool range includes a selection of ‘TI’ Integral Hydraulic tools which feature Equalizer’s proven small pump built into the back end of the tool; useful for subsea applications and when working at heights. No need for hoses, separate hand pumps or couplings.
- Drop-tested revolving anchor point and high-strength
safety bond included as standard
- Optimized Cutting head geometry allowing the nut splitter to be used on a wide range of flange joints; including ones that were previously too tight for nut splitters to fit.
- The combination of the sharp cutting tip and opposing convex
reaction point encourages more efficient splitting by spreading
the nut open rather than squashing the nut onto the stud. This makes it easier to rotate the nut for the second cut.
- Cutting tip made from heat-treated shock-resisting tool steel for better cut and longer life
- Quick and easy cutting tip replacement
- Integrated steel shroud to enclose the cutting zone and protect against flying particles
- High strength revolving Composite handle for vibration and shock isolation allows for safer working.
- Integral hydraulic cylinder and high grade materials make this the smallest and lightest nut splitter on the market
Models and Specifications
NS12TE/NS12TI Hydraulic Nut Splitter
The smallest nut-splitter in the range has 12T (120kN) of splitting force and suits nuts sized between 17.5mm and 30.0mm (0.69” and 1.18”) across flats. It is available as an external hydraulic version (NS12TE) or as an integral hydraulic version (NS12TI).
- Imperial Standard Nuts: 9/16”; 5/8”
- Imperial Heavy Nuts: 1/2”; 9/16”; 5/8”
- Metric Nuts: M12; M14; M16; M18; M20
- NS12TE: 3.5kg (7.7lb)
- NS12TI: 5.8kg (12.8lb)
NS15TE/NS15TI Hydraulic Nut Splitter
The 15T (150kN) nut-splitter suits nuts sized between 23.0mm and 36.5mm (0.91” and 1.44”) across flats. It is available as an external hydraulic version (NS15TE) or as an integral hydraulic version (NS15TI).
- Imperial Standard Nuts: 5/8”; 3/4”; 7/8”
- Imperial Heavy Nuts: 9/16”; 5/8”; 3/4”; 7/8”
- Metric Nuts: M16; M18; M20; M22
- NS15TE: 4.0kg (8.8lb)
- NS15TI: 6.3kg (13.9lb)
NS20TE/NS20TI Hydraulic Nut Splitter
The 20T (200kN) nut-splitter suits nuts sized between 32.0mm and
51.0mm (1.26” and 2.01”) across flats. It is available as an external hydraulic version (NS20TE) or as an integral hydraulic version (NS20TI).
- Imperial Standard Nuts: 1”; 1-1/8”; 1-1/4”;
- Imperial Heavy Nuts: 7/8”; 1”; 1-1/8”; 1-1/4”;
- Metric Nuts: M24; M27; M30; M33
- NS20TE: 6.9kg (15.2lb)
- NS20TI: 9.4kg (20.7lb)
NS36TE External Hydraulic Nut Splitter
The 36T (360kN) nut-splitter suits nuts sized between 50.8mm and 65.0mm (2.00” and 2.56”) across flats. It is only available as an external hydraulic tool (NS36TE).
- Imperial Standard Nuts: 1-3/8”; 1-1/2”; 1-5/8”
- Imperial Heavy Nuts: 1-1/4”; 1-3/8”; 1-1/2”; 1-5/8”
- Metric Nuts: M33; M36; M39; M42
- 10.6kg (23.4lb)
Proudly Canadian, we offer a wide range of bolting tool products and accessories to suit even the toughest job. Torque it easy with CanTorque!
Are your tools feeling a little wear and tear? Bring them in for a calibration and a little maintenance. We also offer tool rentals and custom tool engineering for specific jobs.
CanTorque has set the standard for product quality, technical expertise, and customer service. Through extensive engineering and product development our tools have achieved the trifecta of being Lighter, Faster, and more Durable.